Monday, October 30, 2006

My quadriceps

Yesterday, while walking into the bagel shop, I felt kind of a bizarre cramping in my right quadriceps, and I felt it this morning too. I think my quad is starting to weaken. Perhaps "atrophy" is too strong of a word, but the muscle is definitely a lot smaller than the left quad. This is exacerbated by the fact that the left one is now doing even more work. I left a message with my surgeon's nurse, and she has been prompt in returning my phone calls in the past. Today though, she didn't call back; I will call her again in the morning. I feel like an experienced PT person could rig up a brace for my knee to protect it and then I could do some supervised quad strengthening. Older folks with degenerative tears that have to wait often do pre-surgery PT - my request can't be that uncommon.

My third opinion, a surgeon down in New York, has still not given my dad his opinion yet on my knee. I would certainly like to know it, even though I presume that it will the same - partial meniscectomy.

10 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home