Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Something To Pass the Time

Yesterday morning my surgeon's nurse called up and after a quick conversation recommended I go to MGH physical therapy (my surgeon is at Mass Gen Hosp as well) before the surgery to work on strengthening. This was a fantastic turn of events; at least I'll be able to do something to improve my healing time as I sit here on my arse waiting for my meniscectomy. Truthfully, its a good idea, because my quad is getting noticeably smaller. My downstairs neighbor is an occupational therapist, and when I showed her my muscle imbalance she was pretty freaked out. I have an appointment for PT on Thursday, and the hopefully one more before surgery.

Unrelated, they just announced the nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and none other than REM was among them. That's a little scary, as REM was the first band that I really followed independent of my parents. I bought the album "Automatic For the People" when I was 13 and memorized virtually every song. My friend Jon and I used to play it over and over at overnight camp back in the day. Anyway, if REM can be a nominee, I'm officially old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home