Friday, November 03, 2006

Gimme some . . . . PT !

1) Concerning the previous post, things may be swinging in the opposite direction. I can't say what the outcome is yet, because I don't know. However, it is more likely now that I will have the surgery in Boston as planned in less than a week. I'll update you folks (the readers) when I get more info.

Yesterday I went to PT for the first time at MGH. MGH PT is serious business, I mean this place is the Ritz-Carlton of PT. You could eat dinner off the floors, very similar to my Mom's house. There are so many machines you could try a different one every day and not use the same one for a month. My therapist, Anne Viser, has to wear a lab coat. She also passes what seems to be the primary requirement for physical therapists, being really pretty. Now my cousin Mike Berne would ask which type of hotness we are dealing with here, and Anne definitely fits into Mike's primary gift to the world, his invention of the term "intellectual hotness." This means the initial reaction is not the same as one would have if they had dinner with a supermodel, but the sum of a quiet personality, looks, and an unknown secret potential combine for a serious candidate. Jill Hennessey of Law & Order fame was the pioneer of this description. Anne will read this and conclude I'm either wildly immature, or a 27 year old sociopath.

However, despite Anne and her attentiveness, MGH PT so far lacks a very important issue: fun. If I'm going to PT once or twice a week for many months, I want to look forward to it. This should not feel like I'm going to the doctor. The waiting area was no different than my dentist except with fewer magazines, and the exam area looked like an ER. If this persists, I'm switching to BU. At least people there smile and occasionally laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home