Saturday, December 30, 2006

Almost New Years Blues

Today was a positive day, but filled with some negatives. I'm trying not to be glum, but it is was it is. I went to a track meet at BU today and hung out with my teammates while they raced. I took split times, cheered, and chatted with some people I haven't seen in a little bit (my friend Carol is studying medicine in Maryland, she was up on break). I ran 32 minutes or so around the outside of the track at a good pace, and picked it up quite a bit to at least 8:00 pace when I was running with a teammate who was cooling down. The knee is responding. It is getting better. This is a good thing. However, I miss training and competing quite a bit. I HATE seeing people I usually run against racing. I'm not sure which is worse, not being able to run at all or being restricted in the running I do. The problem is that I have to contain myself or else bad things will happen and we'll be back where we started. Nonetheless, the thought of not racing at all until March is pretty rough. When I hurt myself my dad said "this is just a blip, don't worry." Well, it aint no frickin blip. I guess I'm in a running funk.

One year ago this weekend, I ran the best distance race of my life. 38:10 in the 10K with a few pretty decent hills. Now I can only run 5K in 30 minutes - fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home