Thursday, December 14, 2006

Double Dribble

I meant to post yesterday (Wednesday) about Tuesday's workout but . . . oh well. Consider this a double post.

Tuesday's workout was the most vigorous to date. 40 minutes with 4 7-minute hard intervals, simulating a hill climb. Again, I used the Schwinn bicycles with the manual resistance rather than the computerized bicycles. After cycling and doing the prescribed lifts (press, curls, step-downs) I noticed that the basketball courts were open. I snagged a ball and shot some hoops as a cooldown. Of course, I couldn't take a jump shot or run after the ball, but I did dribble around in a very very light jogging way that dribbling is. There has been substantial gains from week 4 to 5, more than 3 to 4.

This brings us to today's appointment with the Anne-ster. She is detecting through her telepathy (or as Space Ghost would say, "Special Powers") that I'm itching to go, and we did a bunch of balance drills on foam mats and other apparatuses. She had me jog in place on the trampoline, which seemed to be a precursor to real jogging. However, she said real jogging was a week away at Week 6, which I think is right in spite of the mental strain it will create. Thus, one week from today in the company of perhaps no one, barring any unforseen weirdness I will attempt to jog a bit on the Tufts track near my house. In the meantime, I will continue to bomb away on the bike and strengthen my leg muscles. This will be a rough week mentally to say the least.

Anne also thinks I'm inflexible. This is not new news. Not only is my dad not flexible, my mom isn't either. I'm doomed on both ends.

Tomorrow is the first night of the minor Jewish holiday that unfortunately gets stuck next to the Christmas spending hysteria, good ole Hanukkah. As Adam Sandler would say - "Hanukkah is . . . . the festival of lights . . . . instead of one boring day . . . . we get EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS !"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home