Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Mourning

"Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life"
--My friend Isaac Benowitz

Yesterday I utilized the Schwinn old style exercise bikes at Northeastern that are hidden up on the top floor near the rowing machines. It was much easier to use, because you could change the resistance very easily with a knob, instead of hitting buttons and waiting for the computer to do something. I did a bit of an interval workout - 8min warm-up, 5min hard, 5 min easy, 5 min hard, 2.5 min easy, 2.5 min hard, 2 min cool down. Next time I go (tomorrow), I am going to go up to 35 minutes. I am also getting significantly stronger in the upper body, although considering pre-injury I was an 142 pound stringbean anything is better than nothing.

Additionally, I am being helped by the administration side of track & field; being in two different governing bodies (my club board and the USATF chapter board) has kept my mind a wee bit occupied with that side of my sport.

Getting very antsy to jog, but I know its still about 10 days away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home