Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Running Continues

Just returned from Day 3 of the running adventure. It was pretty darn cold (and breezy) out at the Tufts track, but the track surface is very soft and good for recovering slow pokes like myself. Even though my goal was 30 minutes, I did clock myself to see just how fast (or slow) I was plodding around. Turns out my pace was about 9:45 per mile. I tried hard to pick it up a little on the last lap, staying in my comfort zone for the knee, and ran at about 8:50 pace. Although the knee feels weird, it seems to be all right structurally. The main issue is that my legs (especially the right) are weak. I have ziltch-o knee drive unless I consciously think about it. Furthermore, I think I am favoring my good leg - which is not good for the good leg.

On a brighter note, I went to practice last night and saw the old GBTC croo at the indoor track. Although I could obviously not partake in the workout, I was able to merge my 30 minutes with their warm-up run, and while they ran their intervals I lifted and then iced down. We practice at the Reggie Lewis Center, a fantastic public facility in Roxbury Crossing. The key was that to start my 30 minutes, I had to restart my watch (recall the first day I just ran 2 miles straight up). For 9 weeks, my watch had exclaimed "21:06," which was from when I instinctively stopped my watch after tearing my cartilage and killing my knee. 21:06 is history, and let me tell you if my Timex had memory I wouldn't have saved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home