Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The anti-climatic Day 1

I was considering making a completely sappy post about my first day of running, but decided that would be, well, awful. Yesterday, under partly cloudy skies and a temp of 43 degrees, I gingerly jogged around the Tufts track. I first started with walking the turns and jogging the straights - did this for a mile - but after not feeling any real discomfort I took a lap off to walk and then jogged 2 miles straight on the track. It must have looked pretty funny, because I was going so obnoxiously slow at the start. My brain was perfectly comfortable in sending the signals, but my body was completely confused on what to do. Nonetheless, by 1 mile in of the jog, besides the fact that both legs felt weak, I was moving at perhaps 10:00 mile pace. There wasn't really much pain associated with it, although there was some soreness under the left incision towards the start and a slight discomfort near the injury site on Lap 7. I iced down afterwards and everything seems to be all right. I'm excited to try again, although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rain. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home