Thursday, November 23, 2006

Something completely different

This post will talk about something unrelated to my knee - which by the way is getting better still. I can ride a bicycle for 20 minutes or more with no pain. Back to the other story - on Tuesday, something weird happened. At about 8:30 AM, while at work, the left side of my face went numb. Not completely numb, because I could still feel my cheek if I pushed on it, but numb and strange. Seeing how my regular doc is only a 10 minute walk, and that any facial numbness can be a symptom of, well, you know, bad neurologic stuff, I did a walk-in and she performed a number of neurologic tests. They all seemed normal, but she ordered a head CT scan anyway just in case. I would like to point out right now that my regular doc is excellent, very empathetic, and was very supportive of me coming in (additionally, a Penn graduate like me). Well, the numbness went away, but my TMJ joint is still a little sore. I guess the whole thing was from stress, and I was gritting my teeth while I was sleeping - or a migraine symptom, or who knows. If anything had happened seriously, my doc assumed the radiologist would have called her. Quietly, she probably ordered the test for my piece of mind. My pulse rate was 125 in her office while I waiting as I started to build a circumstantial case, that my left arm was also sore, I had had pain in calf muscle underneath where the surgery was (a clot !). I seem to be fine.

I'm sitting with my beloved cousin Dave at my aunt and uncle's house in Westchester County for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home