Saturday, February 17, 2007

Slacker

On Wednesday, we had a crappy New England storm. Instead of a nice 8-12 inches in Boston, it snowed for about 4 inches max, followed by sleet, freezing rain, and just plain rain. Further north, all precip was in the form of snow (check out the snow totals at Jay Peak . . . yep 60+ inches), but in the Hub after it was all over we had a flash freeze that made the city a skating rink. People's cars were suddenly stuck in 1-2 inches of frozen rock solid ice. This has made the sidewalks of Somerville completely un-runable for someone like myself who is still recovering from a knee scope.

Thus, I've been confined to indoor tracks, which stinks. On Friday, I just gave up and went home instead of using the 1/11 of a mile Marino Center track, and prayed that the sun had melted the ice off of the Tufts outdoor track. Nope, still completely frozen. Instead, I rode my bicycle for an hour, which was a major slacker move. I did do 40 minutes today at the gym (which was boring enough). Could be worse; there is always the worst case of using a treadmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home