Friday, January 19, 2007

Fight the establishment

Yesterday I went to practice and started the usual routine, 30 minutes, then a fast mile, followed by a cooldown. However, after my 30 minutes, I noticed that a female member of a different club was doing her workout at the pace I was looking to run, so I jumped in. She (name is specifically Marisa Petrillo) was in the middle of 10-12x400 at 6:00 pace, and I did 6 with her. This is good, except it revealed a complete lack of cardio fitness. Lungs were all right, but my heart was racing. As for the knee, it was quite confused. I won't deny there was a little swelling. That being said, icing did very well, and it seems to be OK today. This type of workout was of course completely unauthorized, but I was getting bored and this seemed perfectly reasonable. Yesterdy was 10 weeks and it was high time I get in to some sort of workout. It didn't even hurt that much during the actual intervals, although we still had that problem of the top of my knee being tight (scar tissue, joint capsule etc.). Today, when I go to jog, we'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home