Friday, January 12, 2007

The Netherworld

Well kiddies, I've now reached that always fun part of rehab, that being where no one really has any definitive answers. Gone are the protocols, the simple exercises, the endless icing. Now we're in the "use pain as your guide" phase, which is a road I've been down before. Anne did have some helpful reminders at my last PT session (adding a third day of lifting, a wacky hamstring stretching exercise that will help), but its up to me to figure out what I can and cannot do at this point. Based on Wednesday's excellent run, I'd say I'm getting better, but if I based it on Monday's run . . . not so much. We're in limbo, standing on the Pelennor Fields between good (Minas Trith) and evil (Minas Morgul). If you didn't get the reference from the last sentence, don't worry about it - it was a stretch anyway.

There is also the ongoing question of painkillers. People I have spoken with have said that starting an ibuprofen regimen might not be a bad idea (I haven't taken any). I need to consult with Dad on this one before making a decision. It should not be lost that my sensitive stomach may not tolerate long term use of Advil/Motrin/whatever. I found Aleve (naproxen) to be worse while in college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home