Monday, January 22, 2007

Losing track of space

Some of the readers out there know that on occasion I've lost track of my spatial dimensions which has resulted in some silly incidents. On a camping trip in 2001 I once was looking into the trunk of a car and almost broke a tailight because my right hand was holding a spoon (as I leaned over, the spoon nailed the light). Yesterday was a similar type of goofball maneuver, which involves the ole' knee. I was at my club's annual track meet, retrieving a pen from my backpack which I had stashed under the bleachers (Harvard has pull-out bleachers). As I crouched down in a squat to come back out from under the bleachers, my right shoulder bopped into a corner, and my momentum suddenly went the opposite direction. My friends Sloan and Kit watched in horror as I fell backwards, my knee bending more and more. I had passing thoughts of the whole thing re-tearing. Luckily, it seemed to survive. However, I landed on my left hip, which was sore for the rest of the track meet, essentially a butt bruise. It feels better today.

You're not supposed to get injured on your off/rest days !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home