Monday, November 13, 2006

A new side effect

Today I went to work, and it wasn't too bad. I brought along an ice pack and iced twice, 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. My co-workers were sympathetic. On the way home, something very cool happened: for the first time in over a month, I climbed the stairs relatively normally. That was cool. My right leg was not perfect, but at least it was oriented in the right direction.

The side effect is this - I'm not running my guts out, or more accurately not doing virtually any exercise, so I am gaining weight. My mom essentially force fed me all weekend (not that I was complaining), and when I weighed myself, the scale read 149 ! I haven't been over 150 since college when I was sprinting and quite a bit more muscular. Granted, one of my goals this year on the track was to gain weight in muscle mass, but it seems I've arrived at my goal by adding a little flab. Then again, most 5-10 folks would probably love to be only 149 (especially my dad).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home